Do look into my video demo...Enjoy...:)
For the outer covering I've used 250 Grams Chicken Seekh Kabab mixture for the recipe link please click here.
7-8 Banana Peppers
100 Grams Eggplant/Brinjal
1 Green Chilly
1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Chat Masala
3 Dried Dates
3 Dried Figs
3 Almonds, Walnuts 4-5 Pistachios
2 Sprigs Coriander
2 Sprigs Mint
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Wash the dates and figs chop them into small pieces.
- Chop the walnuts, almonds and pista into tiny pieces.
- Chop the eggplant into small pieces
- Chop the onion, green chilly, mint and coriander as tiny as possible.
- Slit the banana pepper and deseed try to remove all the seeds wash pat dry set aside. the video posted here shows exact steps how i cleaned the peppers.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a wok on a medium flame add the onion and chilly fry till the onion turns light pink in color add the egg plant and fry a bit add the coriander powder, chat masala and cumin powder fry add salt mint and coriander sprinkle some water stir and cover allow the egg plant to cook till well done make sure not to over cook the eggplant it should never go mushy.
- Once the eggplant has cooked make sure there is no moisture. add the chopped dates, figs and the chopped nuts stir cover for few minutes till well combined.
- Reserve the stuffing mixture in a bowl allow to cool completely before stuffing.
- Fill the peppers with the stuffing mixture and set aside for 10 minutes before giving a top coat.
- Take a portion of the chicken seekh kabab mixture wet your palms and flatten the seekh mixture on your palm place the stuffed pepper on the chicken start to cover the pepper with the chicken mixture make sure there are no air pockets in the mixture the top coat must be perfect.
- Heat a shallow pan add 4 Tbsp oil and shallow fry the peppers. make sure not to turn the peppers right away place a cover and allow the chicken to cook on a low to medium flame for 10 minutes before turning them over this technic will make the top coat firm and easy to handle keep turning the chicken till all sides turn light brown in color and the peppers should cook inside. serve hot right away with lime wedges and onion...enjoy...:)
Tip: Try to handle the deseeded peppers as gentle as possible while filling them the reason being it can break easily which will be of no use.