Pages

Thứ Năm, 28 tháng 3, 2013

Homemade Biryani Masala

I love making homemade masalas (of course not always) and as they say homemade is definitely the BEST! Fresh, aromatic and so full of Indian-ness! Make it and use it and you’ll have a new flavor in life and in your food. Even if you regularly use the store-bought version, you will mark the noticeable difference in flavor with this fresh homemade masala. The best part is that it is so easy to make that you’ll wonder why you have not been doing it for all these years. Mom always used to grind fresh masalas on her sil-patti (stone-block). Over time, the stone block was replaced by the more convenient electric mixer/grinder, the masala and the lip-smacking taste remained unchanged. The biryani masala is one such example which is one of my favorites. In fact I never quite like the store bought one as I always feel something off about them. So here is another one of my most favorite ones and stay tuned for more.
Here's a little tip- I always try to make small quantities as and when needed. Fresh-made, that's when the masala blends are the most fragrant. For grinding small quantities, I always use my coffee grinder.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét