Pages

Thứ Tư, 24 tháng 10, 2012

Dahi Vada/Dahi Bhalla/Lentil Dumplings in Sweet Tangy Yogurt Sauce

Where do I start about Dahi Vadas. Let me just say they are the most favorite savory snack of all time for me. Right up there where a molten chocolate lava cake would be for a sweet one. Yeah... that much. Now that you got an idea about how much I like it, for those of you who are not aware of what it is, it is a crispy fried donut shaped dumpling made of ground lentils, very lightly seasoned and if fried right, is light and airy. Now let that crispy airy dumpling soak in a lightly salted thick yogurt sauce and here's the kicker, garnished with a spicy tangy tamarind chutney and a bunch of dry ground spices. Does the picture in your head look close to the one above?
The dahi vada is a signature dish for some of the major festivals in India, especially Holi and Dussehera. Dussehera, that was yesterday, was the occasion this time around that I made it and I am proud to say I make it just like my mother did growing up. Another occasion which proved all over how many memories food evokes.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét