Ginger and cardamom is know for its digestive properties in my family dad is true die hard fan of tea he loves tea so much every hour he needs a shot of tea to keep him going its a bad habit though i can never control him. winter is a best weather to enjoy creamy ginger tea. I've added my own pizazz and created chai latte just for you...such a warm post for holidays so happy to spread love around me.
Chai latte recipe demo...:)
3 Cups Water
1 Inch Piece Ginger
4-5 Tbsp Tea powder
5-6 Cardamom pods
3 Cups Milk (Full Fat)
Whipping Cream (Optional)
Sugar as per taste
- Peal the ginger and wash thoroughly before preparation.
- Using a mortar and pestle first crush the cardamom pods and reserve in a bowl. just bruise the ginger a bit and reserve in a bowl.
- Add water to a heavy bottom pot and bring to a rapid boil. add the cardamom and ginger and bring to a rapid boil for 2 minutes reduce the flame.
- Add the tea and stir allow to boil turn of the flame and cover the pot with a plate allow the tea to rest a bit.
- Bring milk to a rapid boil add sugar to the milk and keep stirring remove from flame once the sugar dissolves.
- Filter the tea into the milk directly and stir serve hot into mug topped with whipping cream.
Serve along with biscuits or cakes enjoy...:)
Kabhi kabhi mere dil mein khayaal aata hai...Ki jaise tujhko banaya gaya hai mere liye...this is my tea time song...Just singing...I know...okay...done...:P see you soon with my next blog post...:)