Deliciousness overload do watch the video demo comment and subscribe for more...:)
2 Raw/Green Mango
For Masala Powder:
2 Tbsp Peanuts
3 Tbsp Dried Shredded Coconut
1 1/2 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
2 Inch Stick Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Pepper Corns
1/2 Tbsp Cumin
2 1/2 Tbsp Channa Dhal/Split Chick Peas
1/2 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
2 Fist Full Dried Red Chilly
12 Pods Garlic (Optional)
6 Sprigs Curry Leaf
1/2 Tsp Hing/Asafoetida
1 Tbsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 Tsp Hing/Asafoetida
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Dried Shredded Coconut
10 Red Chilly
3-4 Sprigs Curry Leaf
1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
1/4 Cup Sunflower Oil
Salt to taste
We prepare this in bulk and store for the rest of the year you may try half recipe if you like it then try the full recipe...:) oil should always be extra since it will preserve the mango.
- Heat a wok on medium flame dry roast 2 1/2 tbsp channa dhal once its golden brown reserve on a plate and dry roast 2 tbsp peanuts once that turns light golden in color reserve in the same plate dry roast sesame seeds once it splutters reserve in the plate dry roast pepper corns cumin fenugreek and cinnamon and reserve in the same plate dry roast 3 Tbsp dried coconut when it turns light brown in color reserve in the plate dry roast 2 fist full dry chilly and reserve in plate dry roast curry leafs and garlic for few minutes and reserve in the same plate lastly dry roast 1/2 tsp asafoetida and reserve in the plate allow all the ingredients to air dry before grinding to a powder.
- Basically all ingredients should be dry roasted separately all the ingredients have different cooking timing.
- Once all the dry roasted ingredients have cooled add to a mixer jar and grind to a fine powder.
- Peel the mango chop into cubes wash and place in a bowl which can fit inside pressure cooker.
- Add 1/3 cup water to the mango and steam cook inside pressure cooker for 5 to 6 whistles the mango will go mushy.
- In a wok add oil bring to a boil fry the peanuts till golden in color drain and reserve in a plate. in the same oil add mustard seeds allow to splutter add 1/2 tsp asafoetida 10 red chilly fry a bit add 2 to 3 sprigs of curry leaves and turmeric powder fry for a second.
- Add the mango pulp to the oil and fry a bit add the prepared masala powder and fry the mango on low heat till oil surfaces.
- Add the peanuts and salt must be a bit extra fry for 2 more minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in air tight container.
- The mango paste can be mixed with cooked rice or can be eaten with roti.
- For 2 cups good quality rice (sona masuri) add 3 cups water and pressure cook for 3 whistles till rice is cooked
- Allow the rice to cool add 2 to 3 tbsp of the mango paste mix and adjust the tang as per your taste buds.
Serve mango puliyodharai along with rice fryums...Enjoy...Happy Cooking...:)