There has been a lot of requests on my youtube account to prepare hakka noodles...must admit I love it a lot too since the noodle is made out of wheat it has good taste and texture...
mung bean sprouts can be added instead of fresh french beans we can also add roasted and shredded pork, chicken and lamb meat to the recipe...what i personally like is thin strips of egg omlet added along with the veg masala.
Mixed Vegetables of your choice I've used 3 Carrots, Fist full French beans, 2 Bell pepper, Small Cabbage, Carrots and Fist full Spring onion.
1 Large Onion roughly chopped
5-6 Green Chilies finely chopped
1Tbsp Dark soy
1Tbsp Chili Sauce
1/2 Tsp Vinegar
1/4 Tsp MSG(Ajinomoto) optional
1Tbsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
1Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2-3 Packets Hakka Noodles
Salt to taste
- Chop all the vegetables and set aside before preparing the masala.
- On a medium flame heat a heavy bottom wok or a pan I prefer using my pressure cooker base add 3 tbsp oil fry the ginger garlic paste till the raw flavor has gone.
- Add the onion and fry till transparent.
- Add all the vegetables leaving the spring onions out fry for 2 minutes add the chili sauce, vinegar, 5spice powder, MSG and salt with 1/3 cup water stir cover and allow the veg to cook on low flame till well done.
- Once the veggies are done add dark soy and spring onion fry a bit.
- This veg masala can be prepared in bulk and stored in the freezer I normally prefer preparing in bulk and storing it away for 2 uses its best when ever I have friends over i just cook noodles and mix the veg.
Prepare the noodles
- Boil enough water to cook noodles in a heavy bottom pot with 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp oil the water must be at rolling boil point add the noodles to the water and allow to cook the noodles should not cook all the way through it should still have that bite.
- Once the noodles are done drain the hot water using a colander and run cold water over the noodles this will stop the noodles from cooking all the way through.
Mix the veg masala and noodles garnish with coriander if you like serve hot with corn chilly and schezwan style chilli chicken...Enjoy...:)
Do view my video demo in English subscribe to me on YouTube channel viduoo9 for more videos...:)