Pages

Thứ Sáu, 25 tháng 3, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper-Tomato Pesto Hummus


ot much of a story this time, just wanted to combine two of my favorite things in one i.e. pesto and hummus.
I love hummus. My love affair with hummus started a couple of years ago. Since then, I’ve made a few different types including of course the traditional hummus. Hummus means chickpea in Arabic. It only requires a few ingredients and about five minutes to make. It pairs wonderfully with fresh vegetables, pita bread, and pita chips. This is one snack that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating! 
Roasted red peppers add a delicious twist to hummus, plus they give it some extra nutrition. If you like hummus and if you like the sweet smoky flavor of red bell pepper you gotta try this. Now pesto - I am a die hard fan - love the concept, taste everything. It can jazz up everything- so today I added some left over homemade tomato pesto in the hummus and bingo - the creamy dip with a hint of mild smokiness and taste of bell peppers, some Indian spices, tanginess of the tomato pesto and the kick of lots of garlic and evoo... yummmmmmmmy... my kinda stuff!! Perfect for dipping. Also can be used as a spread for a savory sandwich. I love all kind of hummus as a dip with baked pita chips (which I am totally addicted to). You can also serve it with cut up veggies.
Here's how I make it.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét