1/2 kilo Lamb Meat
1/2 Seeraga Samba Rice or also know as Jeera Rice
1 Large Onion (cut into medium chunks)
1 Large Tomato (cut into medium chunks)
2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
4 Green Chillies
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala (Kitchen King)
1/4 Tsp Fennel powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder, Coriander powder
1 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
1 Bay leaf
1 Inch Piece Cinnamon
3 Pods Cardamom
1 Tbsp Kasoori methi
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Clarified Butter/Ghee
1 Fist Full Mint and Coriander
1 Tsp Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste.
- Wash the meat throughly twice or thrice.
- Add the meat in a mixing bowl add yogurt 1tbsp of ginger garlic paste,1/4 tsp turmeric powder 1 tbsp chilly powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, garam masala and salt mix well allow to marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat a Pressure cooker with 1 tbsp oil add the marinated meat allow the meat to fry a bit on medium flame.
- After 10 min you will see the moisture content from the meat depending on the moisture content add about 1 glass water the meat should just get covered in water.
- Place the lid allow the pressure to build in the pressure cooker then add the whistle and cook for 4 to 5 whistles or till the meat is well done.
- Use a clean pressure cooker to prepare biryani if you have already used the pressure cooker to cook the meat in then reserve the meat in a bowl wash the cooker well before use.
- Heat the pressure cooker with oil and calarified butter start frying the spices cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bayleaf. add the ginger garlic paste add the onion fry till transparent add the tomato fry well add 1/2 tsp of cilli powder and turmeric powder fry all the ingredients well.
- Separate the meat from the broth.
- Add the meat to the tomato masala and fry for 10 mins.
- Wash the rice twice drain the water.
- Add the washed rice to the meat masala add kasoori methi and fry the rice and meat for 5 mins.
- Measure the broth if you have 2 cups of broth then add 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water we should add 3 cups liquid for 2 glass rice measure.
- Add the liquid to the rice add salt lime juice, mint and coriander mix all the ingredients well.
- Place the pressure cooker on high place a lid allow the pressure to build before placing the whistle keep a note on time once we place the whistle we should cook the rice and meat for 5 mins switch of the stove all the pressure to reduce before opening the cooker mix the biryani well and serve hot with raita and boiled eggs...Enjoy...:)
I've done detail demo video in English do watch...Enjoy...♥