This is my version of masala dosa I like the filling spicy buttery and all things delicious. I hate eating masala dosa in a restaurant just because the aloo is so bland followed with a tasteless chutney come on not trying to be a critic tasteless chutney works for a fiery hot dosa okay done with my rant...moving on to the recipe...
Recipe demo video...watch enjoy...subscribe to me on YouTube...:)
1 Inch Ginger
5 to 6 Fresh Green Chilies
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
1/4 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- In a mixer jar add all the above ingredients and grind to a semi coarse paste reserve.
The magic is in the masala friends...:D
3 Medium Size Potato(boiled peeled and crumbled)
2 Medium Size Onion(Finely Chopped)
1/2 Cup Peas(Frozen or Fresh)
1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 Tsp Split Black Gram
1/4 Tsp Split Chick Pea Dal
A Pinch Of Asafoetida
Prepared masala paste
1 Cube Paneer for cheese dosa
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Ghee
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Heat oil and ghee in a wok on medium flame add mustard seeds allow to splutter add asafoetida and fry a bit add split black gram and chick pea dal fry a bit add masala paste and fry.
- Add onion and fry till transparent add salt and water add fresh peas and cover allow the peas to cook till well done.
- Add crumbled potato and stir and mix all the ingredients till well combined.
- Make sure the water has evaporated completely from the potato remove from flame and reserve.
Lets Prepare Masala Dosa:
- Heat a nonstick tawa or Iron tawa spread few drops of oil and place on medium flame.
- Ladle out batter on tawa spread into dosa drizzle oil over the dosa and cover for few seconds till the upper portion has cooked.
- Spread some onion chutney or chutney powder over the dosa place the filling in the center and fold the dosa and serve hot with chutney...Enjoy...:)
Lets Prepare Paneer Masala Dosa:
- Follow the same step as before and prepare a dosa spread onion chutney and butter then grate paneer and place aloo masala in the middle fold and serve hot topped with butter and chutney...Enjoy...:)