Pages

Thứ Sáu, 18 tháng 2, 2011

Curried Chickpea Pita Sandwich


reek cuisine caught my attention only recently, about a little over a year ago. Growing up Greek and Mediterranean cuisines we mostly alien to us but coming to the US I started hearing a lot about it. When hubby and I tried it at one of our local restaurants, I was blown over. What really got my attention was the fabulous use of spices that made me feel right at home.
Since then I have tried a few variations of Greek food especially by way of fusion with Indian cooking. This dish is in the same genre. It is so well liked by hubby and I alike, that I mostly keep pita pockets handy so I can quickly put together a quick fix lunch or dinner especially at those times when you are craving spicy Indian flavors but you would rather not go through making an elaborate meal.
When you take a bite into it, you get the fresh taste of the tangy yogurt mint chutney combined with the fresh lettuce and the veggies. As you chew on that, the spicy chickpea taste takes over like an explosion of flavors in your mouth. The bread helps bind it all together into a cohesive meal. The spiciness of the curried chickpeas combined with the clean fresh flavors of the yogurt and veggies gives this sandwich a very unique and fabulous flavor profile that you would want to go back to again and again... like we do.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét