1/4 Piece Musk Melon1 Cup Jaggery
3 Pods Cardamom
1/4 Tsp Ginger Powder
1/2 Lime Juice
3 1/2 Cups Chilled Water
1 Pinch Coarse Salt
- Soak the jaggery and salt in chilled water for 20 minutes make sure jaggery dissolves completely.
- Using a strainer strain the jaggery and reserve.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush the cardamom.
- Clean the melon remove the seeds and skin chop into small pieces and reserve in a bowl.
- Using your hands or back of a spoon mash the melon into fine bits.
- Add the melon to the jaggery water tip in the cardamom and ginger powder squeeze in the lime juice stir well and serve chilled...Enjoy...:)
I love melon pannakam. this recipe is famous in Karnataka very traditional and festive drink we normally would prepare pannakam during ram navami which is in summer i was surprised to find the fruit during winter and it was super cheap...In summer I would prepare this pannakam in bulk and store in fridge and we would serve all our guest this pannakam during summer trust me its to good refreshing and healthy if your kids do not like milk or breakfast serve them this pannakam they will be happy...I enjoyed preparing and sharing this recipe...keep smiling and spread happiness...:)
I've done demo video do watch ...Enjoy...:)