1 Cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
1 1/4 Cup Yogurt
1 Tsp Black Pepper Corns
2 Green Chillies
2 Tbsp Fresh Coconut
1/4 Tsp Cooking Soda
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Thinly slice the green chillies.
- Clean the coconut chop into fine pieces.
- Crush !/2 tsp black pepper corns.
- In a mixing bowl add maida, salt and soda mix all the dry ingredients add yogurt and mix well the batter must be in dropping consistency.
- Add the coconut, chillies and pepper corns to the batter mix well and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok mix the batter once before preparing baje using your hand take some baje batter in your fingers and gently drop in oil in 2mins the baje will puffup gently turn the baje and fry till cooked and serve hot with chutney...Enjoy...:)
1/3 Cup Fresh Coconut
3-4 Tbsp Roasted Bengal gram
Small Piece Tamarind
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Pinch Asafoetida
2 Tsp Oil
Salt to taste.
- In a mixer jar add the coconut, chillies, garlic, tamarind and bengal gram with salt and grind well add water if needed grind to a fine paste.
- Heat a fry pan add oil add the mustard seeds allow to splutter add asafoetida mix the mustard to the coconut chutney and serve...:)
Now those baje's are inviting on a musti rainy day...If you do not like spicy baje you can add sugar insteed of chillies and pepper and make sweet baje kids will like it...sweet baje must be served with honey mom used to make this for breakfast itself...do you know why its called goli baje???? if you know why its called goli baje then post a comment I would love to hear from you...:P
Recipe Video In English...:)