Do watch my demo video and subscribe to my channel...:)
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly prick with chicken with fork and make cuts on the chicken thighs so that the masala can marinate evenly.
- Marinate the chicken with the mention ingredients well in advance minimum time for marination 1/2 hour.
15 Garlic Pods
1 1/2 Inch Ginger
1 Tbsp Black Pepper corns
1/2 Tsp Fennel seeds
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
3 Pods Cardamom
1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds or Powder
10-15 Dried Kashmiri Red Chilies
10-12 Dried Guntur Red Chilies
3 Tbsp Ghee
3 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- In a wok or heavy bottom pot boil 1 1/2 cups water.
- To the boiling water add ginger, garlic, chilies, spices and onion place a cover and allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes on very low flame.
- Once the water reduces and the onion has cooked a bit allow to cool and add to the mixer jar to grind into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil and ghee in a heavy bottom wok transfer the masala paste to the oil and fry till oil surfaces on top add the chicken to the masala and fry a bit.
- Add salt and water till the chicken is covered place a cover and allow to cook on medium flame till the chicken has cooked till fork tender and the gravy should have reduced a bit.