1/2 Kilo Chicken
1/2 Kilo Basmati Rice
4-5 Green Chilies(slit)
1 Bay leaf
3 Pods Cardamom
1 inch stick Cinnamon
1 Medium Onion (thinly sliced)
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
1 Chicken Stock Cube (Optional)
2 Tsp Oil
2 Tsp Dalda or Ghee
Salt to taste
1/2 Inch Stick Cinnamon
2-3 Strands Javitri
1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
2 Inch Ginger
10 Pods Garlic
Fist Full Coriander and Mint
6 Green Chilies
2 Tbsp Oil
1/2 Cup yogurt
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
Do watch demo video...enjoy...:)
- Marinate the chicken in yogurt and turmeric for 1 hour before preparation.
- Heat a wok with oil add all the spices, onion, garlic, mint, coriander and chilies and fry till light golden in color remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixer jar and grind to smooth paste.
- Heat a wok add oil and fry the masala paste a bit add the marinated chicken and fry on medium flame.
- Add water till chicken is covered add salt and chicken cube stir cover and allow to cook till chicken is half cooked and the water should reduce.
- Wash the rice drain and set aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil and ghee add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and fry till the spices crackle add sliced onion and chilies and fry till the onion turns transparent.
- Add the washed rice and fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked chicken to the rice and fry on medium flame.
- Measure the water for 1 cup of rice add 1 1/2 cups water. add the water to the rice stir and add salt place the cover and allow the steam to form once the steam forms place a whistle and allow to cook for 2 whistles.