Pages

Thứ Năm, 5 tháng 8, 2010

Bread Upma


A Loaf of Bread (Plain salt bread)Cut the bread into small pieces
2 Large Tomatoes
2 Large Onions
2 Tbsp of Coriander
2 Tbsp of Mint
4 to 5 Green Chilles
1 1/2 Tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
1 Bayleaf
2 Inch Sticks of Cinnamon
3 Pods Cardamom
3 to 4 Cloves
6 Tbsp Oil 
1 1/2 Tsp salt
1 Lemon


Heat a wok add oil temper with bay leafs,cloves,cardamom and cinnamon add onions fry add ginger garlic paste fry add chillies fry add tomatoes fry add turmeric powder and salt and fry well till the oil leaves the masala reserve half the masala and add half the amount of bread to the masala and mix well add the rest of the masala and add the rest of the bread and mix well this way the masala will distribute well and even in the bread try to cover and fry for 3 to 4 mins it will give better taste garnish coriander and mint along with lime juice mix well serve hot ...enjoy...:)
  • Tips:
  • Kids will love this dish you can reduce the amount of spices that I've added 
  • You can add even scramble eggs before mixing the bread into the masala 
  • Instead of chillies you can add bell peppers 
  • Rather than using whole spices try and use garam masala   
This recipe is a tribute to my grand ma I miss you Padma paatti.
she always used to prepare bread upma for me before going to school or pack some for school and she always used to feed me yogurt  before going to school...I felt very sad for loss of my grand parents they have inspired me in many ways I wish if they were still alive to see me pass on their nourishment wellness kind heart and thoughts to others...my message to young generation is not to tease your elders give respect and learn more from them to pass on to your generation if you have grand parents spend time with them instead of playing computer games and watching television atleast spend 1/2 hr time with your elders their blessings and support are important in future God bless you ....:)


I've done a detail video do watch and post your comments and suggestions....:)





0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét