Pages

Thứ Sáu, 27 tháng 8, 2010

Pea pesto crostini


Crostini is an Italian style appetizer that literally means little toasts. It is basically thinly sliced bread which is toasted or grilled till crispy, then drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper, either served as-is or topped with some pesto, cheese or other toppings. It is a great appetizer to make for a party and always a crowd-pleaser. The other day I was watching food network (which I am addicted to :) and saw Giada making these pea pesto crostini. I love pesto all kinds :) I liked it so much that I adopted the idea with my own tweaks by adding some ingredients and made it right away (I added mint, basil and chilli flakes and more garlic). I also just broiled the bread in my oven in place of grilling them. It turned out a great, crispy and toasty bread with sweet pea minty pesto. Two words... simply awesome.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét