Pages

Thứ Hai, 29 tháng 11, 2010

Dalpoori aur Aloo Tamatar ki Sabji / Lentil stuffed fried bread with potato curry


This is a very traditional recipe of lentil stuffed poori from my native Indian state of Bihar. It is typically made during festivals and special occasions. One such special occasion is the arrival of a new daughter in law in the family as that is seen as the arrival of goddess Laxmi (I have seen this tradition in my family at least). This poori is also considered auspicious and mom used to make it on festivals like Anant Chaturdashi, Dusshera and Deepawali. The usual accompaniments of these pooris are raas wali aloo sabji (gravied potato curry), tamatar ki meethi chutney (sweet tomato chutney) and kheer. The dalpoori I learned from mom and the aloo sabji recipe is probably one of the simplest curry recipes.
I made these pooris during Diwali this year when my brother was visiting. Hubby and bro both enjoyed them thoroughly. I got cool compliments including that they felt they were sitting at a local halwai's shop and enjoying these pooris. Made my day.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét