Pages

Thứ Hai, 22 tháng 11, 2010

Gulab Jamun


This sweet dish is another one of those from the Indian kitchen that needs no introduction so I will not write much about it. The soft sweet syrupy balls of goodness are every sweet lovers absolute favorite. These are in fact so popular that if you have ever been to an Indian restaurant even once in your life, chances are you have probably had Gulab Jamuns. In India they are sold by practically every place that carries anything sweet. Every high end or average restaurant, every odd sweet shop around the corner, every festival, every wedding dinner, if you stop by at a friend's place and they serve something sweet, more often than not, it will be these jamuns... you get the idea.
I will accept that they are a little tricky to make. The recipe is strictly to be adhered to and if you do, they come out great. It took me a couple of attempts to get it right but I am glad I tried. Here's my attempt to recreate these Jamuns from a recipe I really liked on Manjula's site.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét