Wishing Everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011
Wheat Spring Roll Pastry Sheets
1 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
1/2 Cup Green Peas (Cooked)
4 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
150 Grams Lamb Meat
1/2 Tsp Chilly powder
1 Tbsp Coriander powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1/2 Tsp Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander leafs
1 Tbsp Clarified Butter or Dalda
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste.
- Boil 1cup water add 1/4 tsp salt. add the peas to boiling water cook till well done.
- Heat oil and clarified butter in a wok add the ginger and garlic paste to the hot oil and fry till raw flavor has gone tip in the onions fry till transparent tip in the dry masala's chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and the garam masala fry well tip in the meat fry well for 2 mins add 1/2 cup water and salt as per taste cover and cook the meat till half way done.tip in the green peas coriander leafs and lime juice and fry well cover for 2 more mins till everything combines.
- Make sure keema filling should not have any moisture it should be dry and moist when tasted.
- Cut the spring roll sheet into half . spoon out 1tbsp keema to one end of the spring roll sheet fold the samosa as shown in the diagram.
- We will have to follow the same method and layer the pastry sheet twice or thrice to form perfect looking triangle samosa. since the pastry sheet is thin we need to layer and fold twice.
- Once the samosa is folded seal the edges using lukewarm water.
- Heat oil in a wok to fry the samosa's once the oil is hot place the flame to medium heat gently slide the samosa in the hot oil and fry till golden brown drain the oil from the samosa and serve hot with pudina chutney ...Enjoy...:)
Set backs & Tips:
I must caution people when using spring roll pastry for samosa. its a very thin sheet of pastry the samosa is really crunchy many people wont like that crunch in the samosa.
though its easy to use spring roll pastry for samosa it has its own set backs we have to layer the pastry sheet atleast twice or thrice to achieve a perfect looking triangle.
the pastry sheet is really thin and also takes great deal of patience in folding the samosa out we cannot rush and fold the samosa's since the pastry sheet is very delicate.
It is a bit on the oily side.
You can use egg or corn starch to seal the edges instead of water.
We enjoy these samosa during winter or rainy season my granny and mom always used to make them for tea. My dad enjoys these samosas with whiskey or beer thats all he needs he will be in the 9th cloud with his stack of old music on his headphones...:) I love to watch people who enjoy food and music...when you see people enjoying your food thats the ultimate satisfaction i can say there are few moments in life money cant buy...start cooking share it with friends and family and enjoy...:)
Do watch my demo video for keema mattar samosa ...:)