Hello friends. USMasala is happy to announce the Veggie/Fruit a Month event. Let me start by thanking my dear friend Priya of Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes who gave me this opportunity to host her event. The idea of the event is to pick one fruit or vegetable every month that will be chosen as an ingredient that you can use to prepare a dish of your choice. This month the featured fruit is Ripe Banana.
The Banana obviously needs no introduction. It is a fruit that we all know and love. While writing this post for the event announcement I got a little curious and started reading up about bananas and that is when I realized the extent to which the humble banana actually is involved in the life and culture of almost every country. I also found that the regular banana actually has several cousins (red, plantains etc) and in its wild state actually has large seeds! Anyway, I am sure you can read up on your own if you are interested but none-the-less, the banana remains to be an everyday and very well loved fruit in all our lives.
Note however that green (unripe) bananas or plantains are considered a vegetable and not a fruit so you cannot use these in your recipes.
There are few rules of this event:
- BANANA has to be the STAR of the recipe.
- It can be cooked in any way or can be in its raw form in the recipe.
- It can be any course of the meal (appetizer/main course/side dish/dessert/beverage or breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack).
- Recipe has to be strict vegetarian (eggs are allowed)
- You HAVE to make new recipes and old archived posts are NOT allowed. ( Multiple entries are welcome )
- Please send in your entries before the new year i.e. end of December 31st 2010.
- If you are a blogger, you can simply send your Name and URL of your recipe at firstname.lastname@example.org (aaipey AT gmail DOT com) with the subject of "Veggie/Fruit a Month - Banana", with the following details-
Recipe Name and Url:
Category of the Dish:
Picture of the dish reduced to 300px
- Non bloggers can email me your name, recipe and picture at email@example.com (aaipey AT gmail DOT com) with the subject of "Veggie/Fruit a Month - Banana".
- Link back to this announcement page and also to Priya's event announcement page. I would really appreciate if you can include the logo in your posts.