Pages

Thứ Hai, 27 tháng 12, 2010

Upside Down Banana Coconut Cake (Eggless)


I will start this post with an apology for my regular visitors. If you have noticed me not being very regular with my posts and feedback in the last few days, I sincerely apologize as during the holiday season family and visitors are getting a larger share of my day. Regardless, I am having fun and here's wishing you all a very very happy holidays!!

 Now to the post. I am personally not a big fan of ripe bananas as a fruit but it still is a regular in our house as hubby and my little daughter eat it practically every day for breakfast. I do however like them in breads and other baked stuff. I do bake a few different types of banana based breads and muffins but this time around this upside down cake caught my fancy. Now me being who I am, I had to make it as soon as I thought of it. Had the bananas, flour and other stuff. Just one problem, when baking egg less, I normally use either sour cream or buttermilk as a replacement. This time I had neither. That is when creativity kicked in I figured I'd try using some coconut milk instead. I had half a can left over (lucky for hubby or I would've made him drive up to the store :) Not sure whether the coconut milk did anything to make the cake light but it sure did add that nice creamy coconut flavor and yes the cake came out nice and light too.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét