Pages

Thứ Hai, 10 tháng 1, 2011

Basic White Bread

Within the last few months I have baked (and posted) several types of breads and bread based recipes (garlic buns, stuffed buns, braided bread, dinner rolls, pizzas, flat breads like naan etc) and each time around I have expressed my love for Mr. Yeast. The basic white bread however had been my nemesis. I had tried it a couple of times before and it turned out okay but the perfectionist in me was never satisfied. They bread looked okay and tasted good but I knew something was missing. Texturally it was not quite there as the professionally made ones.
Bread baking for me is almost therapeutic. The kneading is the best part (if you are mad at someone, this is the best way to calm yourself down. Yes, it works every time for me... lol). To be able to get out a loaf of delicious bread from a few ingredients is a wonder - not to mention the smell of fresh baked bread that fills the house. The excitement to see the dough rise and then finally cut into it and see how perfect it came out... aah it is almost a high for me (I know I know this is probably the hundredth time I am writing this)... but its true :)
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét