Pages

Thứ Tư, 12 tháng 1, 2011

Salsa and Guacamole

Anyone who has ever heard anything about Mexican food has definitely heard about Guacamole and Salsa. I of course heard about them when I came to the US a few years ago (seems forever already). Salsa clicked immediately as the flavors were so close to the ones I always loved. The tangy tomato 'chutney-like' taste with familiar seasonings like cumin, cilantro and garlic. Guacamole was a slightly different story. Now hubby's boss from work has an avocado tree in his backyard. You guessed it, hubby got a few as a present. He talked it up when he brought it home as a wonder fruit and how much he liked it just with salt and pepper and poor me I made the mistake of trying it that way. Absolutely hated it. So when I found out that guacamole was made of avocados, I decided never to try it. It stayed that way for quite a while until one hungry afternoon we ate a burrito at this cool mexican place. There was no going back. Since then I make it regularly. My little princess loves it so all the more reason.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét