200 Grams Paneer / Cottage Cheese
1 Cup Yogurt
1 Large Green Bell Pepper / Capsicum
1 Large Ripe Tomato deseeded1 Tsp Tandoori Chicken Masala
1/2 Pudina Masala
1/4 Chat Masala
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
Lime juice few drops
A Box of Toothpicks or Fruit Picks
Oil for shallow frying
Salt to taste.
It has been quite some time since i prepared this recipe i don't remember few ingredients that i used to add but this was best recipe during my school days every saturday i used to make them mom always used to prepare mint chutney to go along with these tikka's. paneer was real famous during 90's in Bangalore as far as i remember every marriage party during 90's served paneer in some way or the other best part is we get paneer tikka pizza only at Bangalore as far as delhi and mumbai I've not seen paneer tikka pizza there but a friend told me recently paneer tikka pizza is available at domino's in delhi any how long story short you can top this tikka's for pizza as well but make sure not to bake the paneer it goes rubbery and hard not tasty... first bake your pizza with sauce and then top with prepared tikkas and cheese using a microwave put the pizza on high for 5 mins and serve hot.
Chop the Veggies:
- Chop the onion into cubes.
- De-seed and chop the bell pepper and tomato into cubes.
- Cube the paneer as well.
Marinate the paneer:
- In a mixing bowl add the yogurt, chillypowder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, tandoori masala, pudina masala, chat masala, ginger garlic paste, lime juice few drops, salt as per taste and 1 tsp oil mix all the ingredients well tip in the paneer and the veg and mix well cover and allow to marinate for 5 to 10 mins in room temp.
- Using fruit picks or tooth picks skew the pepper cube first then a cube of onion and the tomato skew the paneer prepare atleast 5 to 10 skews to shallow fry.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet add 2 to 3 tbsp of oil and start to shallow fry gently turning the tikkas to all the sides fry till the tikka turns golden color all sides and serve hot with pudina chutney and lime wedges...Enjoy...:)
My Video Demo For The Recipe