Pages

Chủ Nhật, 24 tháng 10, 2010

Kesar Nankhatai/Indian Cookies



This is my papa's absolute favorite thing in the world. Since his childhood, as he tells me. You give him a whole pack with his evening tea and you could forget about having any leftovers. I remember in my hometown there was a small bakery where they used to make these. The men would then pack them and sell them door to door on a bicycle. They would especially show up on Sundays knowing most people would be home, as was Papa. Once the bicycle bell rang he would call him and and get 2-3 packets. You could see the twinkle in his eye as he ate them with his tea. It was one of the very few store bought things he likes! Whenever I make them here... I  miss him.. these are for you papa... will make a big batch next time you visit :)
These are Indian version of cookies, eggless light and melt in mouth kind, often flavored with cardamom. I personally find them very cute, a delight to bake. I especially love watching them bake especially when they puff up and gently crack on top making it the best and perfect nankhatais. This batch that I made I wanted to experiment with the flavor of Saffron. Hubby said he absolutely loved the light saffron flavor and that it have it a nice festive appeal.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét