250 Grams Chicken (boneless and with out skin)
I used chicken breast for the recipe
1 Cup Yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp Chilly powder
1 Tbsp Garam masala
1 Tbsp Coriander powder
1 Tsp Turmeric powder
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1 Tbsp Garlic (Finely chopped)
1 Green Chilly
1 Sprig Curry leafs
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Clarified Butter
Orange food color (optional)
Salt to taste
- Use boneless Chicken it cooks faster.
- In a bowl we need to marinate the chicken along with chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, Garam masala , ginger garlic paste, yogurt and salt message all the ingredients well into the chicken the masala should infuse well and and get incorporated in the chicken cover and refrigerate.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 1/2 to one hour in a refrigerator.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature and add the food color mix well and set aside.
- Heat a wok add 2 tbsp oil and add the marinated chicken to the wok and don't add water stir a bit and cover.
- The Chicken will cook in its own juice and the moisture from the yogurt will cook the chicken down.
- Allow the Chicken to cook till the water goes completely dry string occasionally.
- once its dry roast well and serve with sprinkling chat masala and finely chopped coriander.
- Or else you can spice it up a bit by reserving the chicken to a plate and add clarified butter with little oil in the same wok and fry the finely chopped garlic curry leafs green chilly then add the chicken and add pinch of chilly powder garam masala and chat masala and serve along with lemon wedges...enjoy...:)
I've also done a detail video recipe both in tamil and english on youtube do try this recipe and enjoy..:)