- 4 Medium Size Potato (grated)
- 150 Grams Khoya (Kova)
- 2 Tbsp Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 3 Tbsp Refined SunflowerOil
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Pinch Yellow Food Color
- 10 Cashew
- 10 to 15 Golden Rasins
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Pinch Salt
- You can substitute for condensed milk insteed of khoya but make sure not to add sugar as condensed milk already has sugar if you need to add sugar adjust as per your taste.
- Peel and grate the potato.
- wash in running water pat dry and reserve in a bowl.
- Mix the oil and butter mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan add 21/2 tbsp of the oil and butter tip in the potato fry a bit allow the potato to wilt down a bit but make sure you dont roast the potato tip in the khoya, sugar and milk powder stir and add water bring to a boil cover for 5 to 10 mins on medium flame till the potato is cooked and all the ingredients get incoporated well keep stiring constanly on a high flame add the food color, cardomom powder and salt stir well and add 2 1/2 tbsp of oil and butter mixture keep stiring till the potato leaves the sides of the pan. in a fry pan add the rest of the butter and oil mixture fry the cashew and raisins golden brown and tip into the potato halwa mix well and serve hot...Enjoy...:)
I've done detail recipe on video do watch and enjoy....:)