- 1 Bunch Spinach leafs ( finely chopped )
- 2 Cups Rice (We can use leftover rice)
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn
- 1 Cup Coriander leafs ( finely chopped)
- 1 Cup Cottage cheese = Paneer ( Shredded )
- 1 Large Onion ( finely chopped )
- 3 Tbsp Maida = All purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn flour = Corn starch
- 2 Fresh Chilly ( finely chopped )
- 1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese ( I did not have any i used regular cheese single avail @ home)
- 1/2 Cup Cornflakes
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste.
- Dry roast the cornflakes and oat meal and grind to a powder.
- You can even use bread crumbs.
- This outer cover came out real good and crispy was very nice.
- Heat a wok or a pan and add butter and a tsp of oil fry the ginger and garlic paste for a sec then add the onion fry till transparent add the chopped chilly fry add the corn and fry for a sec then add the palak=spinach and add salt and cover the water content from the spinach will cook the corn we need not add water. after the water has wilted from your spinach stir every thing and add the shredded cottage cheese and coriander sauté for a minute then add the Parmesan cheese and mix everything well check for salt at this point remove the pan from flame and allow everything to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add maida = all purpose flour and corn flour add salt and mix well adding water the batter should look thick and should not have lumps in it the batter should coat your spoon.
- Add the rice to the masala we prepared by this time the masala should have cooled a bit and it will be easy for us to work with mix the masala well the cheese in the mixture will give good binding to the rice please do not mash the rice while mixing check for salt at this point and add if needed.
- Create your own desire shape of cutlets using a cookie cutter or create pellets or finger shape but pack the rice tight while creating the cutlets.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 1/2 hour before preparation.
- Dip the rice cutlets in the batter and roll into the cornflakes powder and set a side.
- Create a batch of six to seven in one batch.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the prepared cutlets on medium flame.
- Fry till golden brown and serve hot with chilly sauce or ketchup and share and enjoy this recipe with family and friends...:)
I've also done a detail recipe demo video do watch and enjoy...:)