Pages

Thứ Năm, 30 tháng 9, 2010

Kadahi Vegetables/Mixed vegetable curry


Yesterday I was at our local farmer's market. They have the most beautiful and colorful stuff all around. I go crazy around all the fresh produce they have. The sight, the smell, just too good to resist. I began picking all different kinds of vegetables. The pretty one... the colorful... the new kind (which I had no idea what to do with) whatever I could get my hands on. Hubby was watching from a distance... waiting with our daughter... pretending he don't know the crazy lady raiding all the vegetables... ha ha. As we were driving back home... thinking in the car about the dishes I could make (yup... I always think about food :D). The more I thought, Kadahi vegetables seemed the most logical choice.
It is a colorful dish consisting of lots of seasonal vegetables and exotic Indian spices. A very famous 'dhaba' dish. It is a classic north Indian dish but can be found all over the country.
The vegetables are cooked in a kadhai or wok (hence the name kadhai vegetables) in a spicy onion-tomato based sauce with lots of ginger, garlic, cilantro leaves and flavored with kasoori methi. It has a distinct fresh spicy aroma and flavor that compares to nothing else. So I made it the same night for dinner. I realise prepping is the lengthiest part of this dish so I did what I often do, you guessed it got my hubby to work (I had to sweet-talk him into it ;)
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét