Pages

Thứ Bảy, 17 tháng 7, 2010

Jhal muri



Growing up, my summers out of school were mostly spent at my grandparents'. Among many other things that I used to look forward to, the train ride was definitely one of them and the amazing jhal-muri the vendors used to sell on that route. Even today, whenever I think of jhal-muri, I get nostalgic about those train journeys...
Jhal is spicy in bengali and muri is puffed rice, a very famous street food in kolkata and around the area. Spicy and addictive. I personally think it as one of the healthier among all street foods as it is not something fried and also consists of sprouts which we all know is very healthy. Also very easy to make when you have all the ingredients at hand.


This is one of my most favorite snacks. I can just have jhal-muri for lunch! (have done it several times :D)

Here goes my recipe for Jhal-muri.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét