Pages

Thứ Sáu, 30 tháng 7, 2010

Baked Falafel pita sandwich



I had my first taste of falafel a few years ago.. taking the first bite I just thought it was very close to indian fritters, crispy n yum. I was also getting faint taste of coriander n cumin, I liked it.. very much.. looked for the recipe on the net... found out that despite having so many healthy ingredients chickpeas, cilantro, garlic, spices, these little beauties are best deep fried... ahhh! The obvious thought struck me 'will they taste as good if I bake them instead?' And then I tried it and to my delight they turned out great, crispy, healthy n tasty. Not having to deal with the mess of frying is an added bonus. I often make these for weekend lunches, just mix and blend all the ingredients and bake, stuff inside a whole wheat pita pocket, pour some hummus, cut some veggies, done. Wholesome and hearty... and did I tell you, guilt free. My hubby, he loves it when I come up with these ideas :-) I also add some indian masala to add a desi twist!
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét