Pages

Thứ Bảy, 10 tháng 7, 2010

Chhole bhature



hhole or chana masala is one of the most popular vegetarian dish in Northern India. When classically paired with bhature (a match made in heaven) it is the type of street food that can be had as a whole meal, so fulfilling, so hearty, so yummy, pure indulgence, simply mouthwatering. No wonder it continues to be the most popular food item in Indian restaurants all over the world. It is generally served for breakfast with a tall glass of lassi in the punjabi households, where it originated, but has become a much loved weekend brunch and dinner in our household.
It is a chickpea (kabuli chana) dish cooked in a spicy onion tomato based gravy with a deep fried unleavened bread :) Bhatura is one of my fav breads. It is a delicious soft bread that is chewy at the same time. They are such a treat to the eye and to the taste buds alike. My little one gets so excited when they puff up while frying :) My dear hubby earlier used to detest the dish, but that was before meeting me:) Now he can not wait to eat it whenever I make it. I learned this recipe from my mom, very simple and easy to make but tastes out of this world. Also she never used the store bought chhole masala powder (which is not needed in the first place). Hope you like it.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét