Pages

Thứ Ba, 6 tháng 7, 2010

Aloo aur matar ki Tehari or Tahiri

his dish reminds me of the Sunday brunches back at home.... my mom often used to make this specially during winter times when green peas and cauliflower were in season, paired with boondi raita and cucumber salad.... an ultimate comfort food.... we just used to wait for this every sunday.
I like to call it a very very light version of vegetable biryani (jhat - pat biryani :)). It is just a wonderful one pot meal (the best part), very simple to make and tastes awesome. I often make these for a quick lunch and have also made these for some late night supper or for that matter any time when not in the mood to cook something elaborate and crave for something nice, spicy and homely.
This is also a very famous rice preparation in UP cuisine. You can make this using various vegetables like carrots, green beans, cauliflower, eggplant etc. I am giving the recipe for Aloo aur matar tahiri, my mom's recipe. Mom used to make this in a pressure cooker, but I like to use a non stick pan. I just like the texture of the rice better when cooked in a pan than pressure cooked.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét