Pages

Chủ Nhật, 11 tháng 7, 2010

Cheesy pesto Panini with tomato


Panini is one of my most favorite sandwiches. It is basically a delicious Italian grilled cheese sandwich, fast, fun, easy and elegant. Good for a last minute dinner, lunch, weekend brunch and anytime in between. I had my first panini at our local Italian restaurant a few years back and it was love at first bite :) There is something just so comforting about grilled cheese with crispy bread... no one can resist these.
It's very versatile as far as ingredients you can use. Can be made with different cheeses, bread and vegetables and meats. I have tried making different versions at home and they have always been a big hit. Here I am giving my version of tomato and mozzarella panini with basil walnut pesto. Giada makes this often on her food network show, that is where this dish is inspired from with my own little twists.

Traditionally they are made in a panini maker/press, but I make them in a cast iron grill pan on stove top and they turn out just as good. But if you have a panini maker, go ahead and use that. Here's how I make this.
Read more »

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét